Nigerian Air Force Online Recruitment & Enlistment Portal
- Nationality:Applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth.
- Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 22 years (Applicants born before 26 October 2002 are not eligible) for non-tradesmen/women, 18 and 25 years of age (Applicants born before 26 October 1999 are not eligible) for tradesmen/women. Those applying for Chaplains Assistant/Assistant Imams and Driver/Mechanic must be between 18 and 28 years of age (Applicants born before 26 October 1996 are not eligible).
- Marital Status:Applicants must be single.
- Height:Minimum height is 1.66m or 5.4ft for males and 1.63m or 5.3ft for females.
- Medical Fitness: Applicants must be medically, physically and psychologically fit and must meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
- Local Government Area Attestation Form:Applicants’ Local Government Area Attestation Form must be signed by a military officer from the same State as the applicants and not below the rank of Wing Commander in the Nigerian Air Force or equivalent in the NIgerian Army and Nigerian Navy or a Police Officer of the rank of Assistant Commissioner and above, or Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries, Magistrates and Principals of Secondary Schools attended by applicants’ can also sign the Attestation Form. The Local Government Area Attestation Form must be accompanied by the passport photograph and photocopy of the signees’ Drivers Licence or National ID Card or International Passport. The signee is also to authenticate behind the applicants’ passport photograph.
- Presentation of original credentials:Successful applicants are required to submit their original credentials for scrutiny at the Selection Board Interview Exercise. The credentials include the following:
a.Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by the officer of appropriate rank as specified in Paragraph 6.
b.Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age.
c.Original and Photocopy of Educational/Trade Certificates.
d.Original and Photocopy of Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s Local Government/State of Origin.
e.Original and Photocopy of Attestation to Good Character signed by Officer of appropriate rank as specified in paragraph 6.
- Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Selection Exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants will be handed over to the Nigeria Police for prosecution. The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected. Interested applicants are to note that the online registration is FREE OF CHARGE. Applicants are required to fill in valid email addresses and telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the Application Form.
- Application Form:On completion of the application forms, applicants must print out the underlisted documents:
b.Parent/Guardians Consent Form.
c.Local Government Area Attestation Form.
- Successful applicants would be invited for Selection Board Interview Exercise through the portal.
ACADEMIC/PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THOSE APPLYING AS NON-TRADESMEN AND WOMEN
- Non-Tradesmen/Women: Applicants applying for Non-Tradesmen/Women must posses a minimum of 5 credits, including Mathematics and English Language, in not more than 2 sittings in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB. In addition, applicants are required to possess their school’s testimonials.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THOSE APPLYING AS TRADESMEN AND WOMEN
a. Applicants with ND/NCE must possess at least lower credit from accredited institutions and must possess a minimum of 5 credits, including Mathematics and English, in not more than 2 sittings in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB.
b. Applicants applying as drivers and other trade skills that require Trade test must possess a minimum of 2 passes in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB with a credit in English in addition to their Trade Test Certificate and valid driving licence for drivers.
c. Applicants applying as sportsmen/women are to present evidence of their professional experience, which should include certificates and medals.
Note: That applicant with HND or First Degrees/Post-Graduate Certificates and University Diplomas certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen/airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force and should not apply. Applicants with medical qualifications must possess evidence of registration with relevant professional’s bodies and valid current practicing licence(s).
- Requirements for Tradesmen/women:Applicants applying as Tradesmen/women are advised to carefully read the requirements below before filling the form:
a. Aircraft Engineering:ND Aircraft Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Avionics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering and Trade Test in Auto Painting, Auto-Panel Beating, Upholstery, Welding and Generator Repairer.
b.Armament Technology:ND Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Automobile Engineering and Trade Test Certificate in AGE.
c. Air Traffic Services: ND in Meteorology, Air Traffic Controller Assistant, Base Operator and Fire Fighter.
d.Professional Allied to Medicine:ND in Environmental Health Technician, Community Health Technician, Health Information Management Tech, Biomedical Engineering Technician, Veterinary Technician, Physiotherapy Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Dental Therapy, Dental Technician, Dental Health/Surgery Technician, Dietetics/Nutrition Technician, Medical Laboratory Technician, X-ray Technician and Optician Technician Certificates from any recognised training intitution in Nigeria and a valid practicing license .
e. Nurses:Must possess National/Professional Diploma Certificates in Nursing from any recognized training institution in Nigeria and have a current practicing license from the Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery Council.
f. Communication and Information and Space Technology: ND Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, Computer Hardware Engineering/Software Engineering, Computer Networking, Satellite Communication/Satellite Ground Station Engineering, Remote Sensing, Geographic Information System (GIS), Geography, Geo-physics/Physics.
g.Administration:ND Public Administration, Office Technology and Management, Business Administration/Management, Statistics.
h. Account and Budget:ND Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics and Business Management.
i. Logistics:ND Purchasing and Supply, Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Trade skill like Tailoring are to come with Test Certificate.
j.Air Provost:ND Sociology, Criminology, Psychology and Statistician (Record Analyst).
k. Air Intelligence:ND/Diploma Cartography, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Forensics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Cyber Security, Remote Sensing/GIS Experts, French Language and Arabic Language.
l.Veterinary Assistance:ND Animal Health and relevant veterinary related fields.
m. Languages:NCE French, Mandarin, Russian and Arabic.
n. Education:NCE English, Mathematics, Technical Education, Business Studies, Fine/Cultural and Creative Arts, Computer Science Education, Integrated Science, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge, French, Hausa/Igbo/Yoruba Languages, Agricultural Science, Music, and Early Childhood Care Education and NCE/Diploma in Library and Information Science.
o. Works/Services:ND Building Technology, Civil Engineering, Estate Management, Land Survey, Quantity Surveyor, Town Planning, Draughtsman (Structures), Urban and Regional Planning, Architecture, Water supply and sanitation, Highway Engineering, Surveying and Geoinformatics, Electrical Electronics and Mechanical Engineering. Trade Test Certificate in Domestic Electrician, Plumbing, Aluminum Fabricator, Welding, Carpentry, Painting, Sign-Writing, Masonry, Draughtsman, Refrigeration, Tiling, POP Installation and Air-Conditioning.
p. Public Relations:ND Mass Communication, Journalism, Broadcasting.Trade Test Certificate in Videography/Photography and Graphics Design.
q.Legal Clerks:Diploma in Law.
r. Chaplain Assistant:ND/Diploma in Theology, Catechesis and Certificate in Religious Studies.
s. Assistant Imam:ND/Diploma in Islamic Studies, Arabic language & Literature and NCE Sharia Law.
t. Driver/Mechanic:Trade Test certificate Grade I, II & III, valid current driver’s license and practical experience.
u. Catering:ND Catering Services/Hotel Management.
v. Music:ND/NCE/Diploma/SSCE in Trumpeter/Bugler, Saxophonist, Percussionist, Euphonium/Tuba, Guitarist/Keyboardist, Musical Instrument Technology, Sound Technology and Vocalist. Playing experience in any recognised Band is an added advantage.
w. Sports:ND/NCE/ certificate in Physical and Health Education (PHE), physical Education and Human Kinetics. Interested person must present evidence of professional experience which should include Certificate of participation and medal(s) in national and international sporting competitions. In addition, a recommendation letter from the Athlete’s State Sport Council and membership of National Sporting Association is an added advantage.