Stay updated with the latest NPower News. Get insights into the Federal Government’s recent stipend disbursements to beneficiaries.
Learn about NPower payments, eligibility, and more in our comprehensive coverage.
REGISTER FOR NPOWER NEWS
Join our free VoiceofNigeria email alert service to stay informed about the latest news and happenings in Nigeria.
This will give you instant updates on all NPower-related news, delivered straight to your email inbox.
NPower News 22 August 2023: New Head for Nigeria’s Humanitarian and Poverty Office
Dr. Betta Chimaobim Edu is now in charge of Nigeria’s Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty office. She began work on Monday in Abuja. Her new job brings hope to 136 million poor Nigerians.
Rhoda Iliya, the office’s Deputy Director, shared this news. Dr. Edu changed the office’s name to make it simpler: “Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation.”
Dr. Edu wants to help make poor Nigerians happier and supported. Under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, she aims to reduce poverty.
President Tinubu is worried about 136 million poor Nigerians. Dr. Edu believes that’s too many and that he wants to change it.
She plans to help the poorest people and be open about what she’s doing. She also says she’s a team player and wants everyone’s input. She aims to pull 136 million people out of poverty with everyone’s help.
Dr. Edu wants her office to be one of the best in Nigeria. Dr. Nasir Sani-Gwarzo, who gave her the job, noted she started on the office’s 4th birthday. He thanked President Tinubu for picking a strong leader and promised her full support.
Npower Update, 21 August 2023: Nasims Restores Beneficiary Status
Good News for N-power Batch C Participants
Npower Nasims recently restored the beneficiary status of N-power Batch C participants on their self-service portal. This change, announced on August 18, 2023, reassured and excited the program’s participants.
Understanding the Change
A few weeks earlier, a portal update mistakenly changed the status of some “Beneficiary” participants to “Applicant.” This caused confusion and concerns. In response, on August 18, 2023, Nasims rectified this, and those affected can now check their updated status on the portal.
New Leadership: Dr. Betta Edu
Dr. Betta Edu’s new role as the Minister overseeing the Npower program and the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs hints at a bright future for Npower. Her background in humanitarian work sparks hope for improved management and increased transparency.
Addressing Unpaid Benefits
A key issue for N-power beneficiaries has been unpaid stipends, with some waiting as long as eight months. With Dr. Edu’s appointment, there’s hope that this concern will soon be addressed, showing the new leadership’s dedication to the program’s participants.
National Economic Council’s Acknowledgment
On August 17, 2023, the National Economic Council, meeting in Abuja, praised the distribution of essential goods across states. They highlighted the efforts of the Central Bank of Nigeria and the National Emergency Management Agency in offering financial help. The Council also urged state governments to further distribute aid, aiming to help those most in need.
News Summary: 18th August 2023 – NPower News
- Leadership Changes: Betta Edu, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs And Poverty Alleviation, now supervises NASIMS. Appointed by President Bola Tinubu, this change is anticipated to bring efficiency in Npower stipend payments.
- Npower Stipend Payment: Batch C beneficiaries, rejoice! Npower stipend payments are around the corner. In addition, plans are afoot to support young Nigerian entrepreneurs.
- NASIMS Portal Updates: Modifications on the NASIMS portal are under discussion. The new system aims to address and simplify stipend validation and login procedures for users.
- Backlog Payments: Npower’s new leadership is gearing up to address any backlog in stipend payments.
Need-to-know for Beneficiaries:
- Biometric Validation: Wait for instructions from NASIMS before attempting biometric validation.
- Stipend Update: If you’re awaiting stipends from November-December 2022, a comprehensive payment plan from January to July 2023 is in place.
- Budget Allocation: The Federal Government has set aside over N20 billion for the National Social Investment Program in 2023.
- Ministerial Shift: Mark the date – a new Minister will take charge in the first week of August 2023.
Npower Starts Big Payment for Batch C2 Unpaid Stipends
The National Social Investment Management System (NASIMS) has started large-scale payment of outstanding stipends to Batch C Stream 2 Npower beneficiaries. Payments are facilitated through a new Self-Service Portal (SSP), improving access to services and providing real-time payment status updates. Beneficiaries can use the SSP portal to manage personal information, receive payments simultaneously, and address any payment issues. While the payment processing time may vary depending on individual banks, the new system promotes greater transparency and efficiency. Beneficiaries are encouraged to monitor their payment statuses through the SSP portal at ssp.nasims.gov.ng.
NPower Updates: An In-depth Look at Stipend Payments and NASIMS News
1. NPower Stipend Payment Progress
Despite recent transitions in administration, the NPower management shows continuous dedication to its beneficiaries. The previous administration has set in motion the payment of outstanding stipends. Current management is now overseeing the disbursement, progressing steadily.
Important Note: The outstanding stipends for NPower Batch C beneficiaries are from October, November, and December of 2022. The management aims to clear these backlogs soon to provide the beneficiaries their due financial support.
2. Validation Link Updates: More Beneficiaries Receive Stipends
Apart from the 55,256 beneficiaries paid through the validation link, there are additional testimonials of beneficiaries receiving their stipends. This is a significant step in resolving payment issues, reflecting the NPower management’s commitment to the program’s beneficiaries.
3. Government Transitions and the NPower Program
Transitions in government often bring changes in priorities and focus. While the NPower program might not be in the limelight currently, the new administration appears to be proactive in devising innovative ideas to enhance the program. It’s a time of change and adaptation, but one filled with promise for NPower beneficiaries.
4. Patience is Key: Delays in NPower Program Updates
During transitional periods, delays in program updates are common. Beneficiaries should keep calm and trust that the new administration is working diligently to resolve any issues and implement positive changes. While there might not be immediate announcements, comprehensive updates will be provided in due course.
5. Update on Unpaid Stipends
Several unpaid stipends from January through May are still pending. Rest assured, NPower management is aware of these outstanding payments and is actively working to process and disburse them as soon as possible.
For Batch C1 NPower beneficiaries, it’s crucial to remember that the December stipend will not be paid as the Batch C1 NPower Program has concluded. The outstanding stipends for Batch C1 are for September, October, and November 2022.
Note to Batch C1 Beneficiaries: If you’ve received the September, October, and November stipends, no further stipend payments will be made. If you haven’t received them yet but have filled the NPower Validation Form, please be patient, your payment will arrive soon.
6. Stipend Payments for Batch C2 Beneficiaries
The stipend payments for Batch C2 beneficiaries for the months of January to May haven’t started yet. The payments will commence once the backlog payments from October, November, and December 2022 are complete.
Important: Any news claiming that the payment of the January to May stipends has started is false. The payment will commence in due course.
7. Tracking Your Stipend Payment
Tracking your stipend payment has shifted from the NASIMS profile to a new platform. This change necessitates beneficiaries to regularly check their bank account balances to know which payments have been made and which ones are still pending.
8. Current Status of Outstanding Stipend Payments
The clearing of outstanding stipend payments is ongoing. To stay updated on the payment progress, beneficiaries are encouraged to regularly check their bank balances.
Npowe News: How to ensure you get paid by NPower
As an NPower beneficiary, understanding the payment process is crucial for a seamless experience. NPower, a program aimed at empowering the unemployed, ensures prompt payment, but it is essential to follow the program guidelines and stay informed.
- Understanding the Payment Process: NPower pays beneficiaries only after the completion of their assigned work. This approach guarantees that the program fulfills its commitment to compensate individuals for their efforts.
- Empowering the Unemployed: NPower’s primary objective is to empower the unemployed by providing opportunities for skill development and financial stability. By participating in the program, beneficiaries can enhance their employability and gain valuable experience.
- Qualification and Program Guidelines: To become a qualified NPower beneficiary, it is essential to adhere to the program’s guidelines. NPower provides comprehensive information regarding eligibility criteria, application procedures, and program updates. It is crucial to review and follow these guidelines to increase the chances of success.
- Staying Informed: Remaining informed about NPower’s rules and updates is vital to stay ahead. The program regularly communicates important information and changes to its beneficiaries. By staying updated, you can ensure compliance and avoid any surprises or misunderstandings.
- Seeking Clarification: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the program, do not hesitate to seek clarification from the NPower team. They are there to assist you and provide the necessary guidance to ensure a smooth experience. Clear communication can help address any doubts and prevent potential issues.
- Accurate Application Submission: Taking your time when filling out the application is crucial to avoid mistakes. Rushing through the process can lead to errors, which may result in payment delays. Every applicant is valuable to the scheme, and submitting multiple applications is strictly prohibited.
- Importance of Bank Verification Number (BVN): To prevent duplicate payments, NPower requires beneficiaries to provide their Bank Verification Number (BVN). It is essential to provide the correct BVN to avoid any complications. Supplying the wrong BVN can create issues and disrupt the payment process.
- Implications of Applying Twice: Applying for NPower more than once can convey a lack of seriousness, potentially harming your chances of being selected as a beneficiary. It is important to submit only one application and demonstrate your commitment to the program.
- Working for Payment: NPower beneficiaries must actively engage in the assigned tasks to receive payment. Simply being a part of the program does not guarantee compensation. Effort and adherence to the program’s guidelines are essential to ensure timely payment